New! Worth Hills Information – August 15, 2016
Welcome back to campus and to your new home. It has been a busy summer for TCU and Housing & Residence Life but the summer projects are over and now it’s time to create a great hall community and make sure that you have a great residential experience.
I am writing to share some important news about what you can see going on outside all around you.
- The Parking Garage is nearly completed and it will hopefully be open later this month or in early September. Until it is finished you may park in Lot 3 or Lot 4. There is absolutely no student parking (including drop off or pick up) in the lot behind Marion and PE Clark Halls.
- When the garage opens, you will need to walk around the construction site to get to the garage.
- Construction fencing is up for your safety. Please never enter the construction site.
- There will be some dust, some noise and a lot of activity during regular work hours of 7 am – 5 pm on the construction site. There may be some activity on weekends, so please do not park in areas that are not designated as student parking.
- In order to stay on schedule there will be early morning concrete pours. We will send you updates at least once a month, if not more often but dates and times of these early morning concrete pours are subject to change based on work schedule, weather and other factors.
As of today please expect concrete pours on August 18, August 22, August 26 and August 30. Concrete pours will begin as early as 6:30 am.
The new fraternity and sorority housing is an ambitious project and one that will dramatically change the Worth Hills area. These changes take time and patience, but in the end all students benefit as TCU grows stronger and enjoys a better reputation.
I thank you for your understanding as the improvements to campus unfold around you. If you ever have questions or concerns please feel free to contact the office at 817 257-7865 or you can send an email to email@example.com.
Again, welcome home and here’s to a great year!
Director, Housing & Residence Life